FNP, APRN or PA
Field of Work
Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. They are the largest provider or primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
They are presently recruiting for a full-time Family Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant for our Family Medicine clinic located in Stamford, CT. This role is based in Stamford.
About this Position:
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Perform complete physical exam and records findings in electronic medical record. Collaborates with physicians as needed in managing acute and long-term medical needs of the patients.
- Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Synthesize data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
- Administer medications and injections as needed.
- Interview and advise patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Instruct patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
- Maintain and review patients’ records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provides consultation, and appropriately refers patients to additional needed services.
- Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and successful completion of an approved Nurse Practioner program. Or
Graduate of AMA accredited Physician Assistant program, BA/BS, MS preferred,
EXPERIENCE: Three years’ experience in the area of Family Medicine.
Familiarity with tele-medicine and prior experience a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bi-lingual skills in Spanish Helpful, not essential
Working for this organization:
• Provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
• 100% Outpatient Setting
* Excellent health & welfare benefit options
• Competitive Compensation
• Patient-centered environment.