Field of Work
- Provides physical therapy services including evaluations and treatment in accordance with policy and procedures of state laws and the professional code of ethics.
- Designs, implements and modifies therapeutic interventions that may include, but are not limited to, therapeutic exercise, functional training, manual therapy (including soft tissue and joint mobilization); physical agents or modalities; and patient-related instruction (including home exercise program).
- A physical therapist is responsible for accurate and legible documentation including but not limited to: initial evaluations, SOAP notes and flow sheets for each patient visit; reevaluation (every 30 days or 10 visits for Medicare patients whichever comes first) and the documented discharge of the patient. Documentation will be completed in a timely manner that is consistent with all laws and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain complete and accurate billing practices. Assists front desk in maintaining authorizations.
- Practices in a safe manner that minimizes risk to patients, self and others.
- Supervises assistive personal (and when appropriate students) in a manner that assures safe care.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of clinical skills through continuing education programs, professional contacts, journal articles, and participation in professional organization.
- Assist and participate in in-service presentations after attending continuing education courses or as requested.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited DPT program
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- Valid Connecticut state Physical Therapy license or eligibility to become licensed in CT
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills required
- 1 Year experience in Physical Therapy with Orthopaedic Focus