HR Municipality Business Partner
Field of Work
The HR Municipality Business Partner will provide day to day HR services and support to the employees and managers of our Client Companies. The Associate will work both on site at client locations as well as in the McInnis Inc. office in Milford CT. This individual will be responsible for promptly and effectively responding to employee inquiries related to health and wellness benefit plans, retirement benefit plans, HR policies, and general employee and labor relations matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Partners with Client company representatives, TPA’s and Plan Vendors to administer all health and retirement plans in compliance with Plan Documents, Plan Design and applicable regulations.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of communications regarding miscellaneous Plan matters.
- Ensures all new hires are enrolled in health and retirement plans in accordance with eligibility criteria.
- Receives and responds to routine employee questions regarding health and retirement benefits, leaves of absence (STD, LTD, FMLA, CT Sick Leave, etc), HR policy and program administration,
- Under the direction of our Executive HR Director works to independently and confidentially resolve basic to routine Employee and/or Labor relations issues as applicable. Promptly and effectively escalates complex or non routine matters/issues to the attention of the Executive Director or McInnis Inc. CEO
- Serves as HR point of contact for all new hires, both pre-and post-employment.
- Complete, submit and track all employee information changes (transfers, promotions, salary adjustments, terminations, etc.)
- Actively maintains all HR filing and record systems, both electronic and paper.
- Assembles and provides miscellaneous HR information needed to complete any type of request for matters such as unemployment, workers compensation, invesitgations, EEO reports, performance review histories etc.
- Schedules and coordinates HR sponsored employee meetings such as annual open enrollment,employee town hall meetings, etc.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities for HR process improvements.
- Performs other relevant HR duties as assigned by Executive Director.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience within a municipality as well as union workplace is strongly preferred.Incumbent must possess a B.A. or B.S. degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or a related major; along with a minimum of 2 years of relevant HR Benefits and Employee relations experience in a fast paced, client focused HR department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Successful candidates must have the ability to work independently and multitask with a sense of urgency.
- Solid working knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA and Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with employee benefits or employee relations matters.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior customer service/people skills.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Active working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required (with advanced skills preferred).